Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On the road to a new me...

So, while I was in Texas, I kind of "fell off the wagon" in regards to my weight loss. Since I am doing Weight Watchers online, and since I did not have regular access to the internet, it was difficult for me to keep track of points or to even know how many points the food I consumed had in it.

Well, I have been slowly trying to get back into the swing of things since arriving home, and tomorrow I am getting back on the wagon completely. I need to make time to go to the meetings - even if Michael is not home. I know a lot of people who would be willing to watch Cate for me once a week. I also need to make myself more accountable by updating on this blog. I have decided that I will be taking a photo of myself each week on weigh-in day, which will probably be Saturdays or Sundays, and posting it on here.

I think I also need to set small goals for myself.

For instance, I want to lose eight lbs by the end of March. I want to exercise for 30 minutes every day of the week - whether it is jogging, walking, riding the bicycle, or rollerblading. I want to get used to drinking 64 oz. of water every day instead of feeling like I'm drowning myself when I barely choke down the recommended amount. I want to fit into my favorite pair of jeans by the time we visit New York this summer. I don't want to feel like a freak in a bathing suit by the time we visit New York this summer.

My first BIG goal is to lose 50 lbs. and I would like to have that done by Catherine's birthday, August 17th. I put on so much weight with her pregnancy that I think it is only fitting that I set that goal for her birthday.

I would like to lose the remainder of my weight by the time we go to Lubbock for Christmas.

At the end of the road, when I've lost the weight that I want to, I think that I will need to talk to Mike about some kind of "reward". I lost my engagement ring a year and a half ago - maybe that would be a good reward to work towards... a new ring.

I know I can do it if I am honest with myself and put my mind to it. So, every weekend I will post a picture of myself with the amount of weight lost. Hopefully this will get me more motivated.

But first things first...a new haircut :)